PAINWeek is the largest pain conference in US for frontline clinicians with an interest in pain management. This year the conference was held during September 6-10 in Las Vegas, NV, USA. Pain Studies Lab members–Ashfaq Amin and Frederico Machuca presented five posters in the conference. The general themes of the posters were Virtual Reality, Pain, Depression and Empathy.
The five posters that got accepted in this conference are:
1. “Two Paradigms of Designing Virtual Reality for Chronic Pain Patients:
Pain Self-Modulation vs. Pain Distraction“, Xin Tong, Diane Gromala, Ashfaq Amin, Weina Jin, Pam Squire(MD).
2. “Comparison of Immersion in Cardboard VR and Oculus Rift for Playing a Pain Management Game“, Ashfaq Amin, Diane Gromala.
3. “Chronic pain: gaining understanding and empathy through an interactive system“, Weina Jin, Frederico Machuca, Diane Gromala
4. “Using Virtual Reality Game for Chronic Pain Management A Randomized Clinical Study“, Weina Jin, Amber Choo, Ashfaq Amin, Diane Gromala, Chris Shaw.
5. “Serious Game for Serious Disease: Diminishing Stigma of Depression via Game Experience“, Weina Jin, Diane Gromala, Frederico Machuca.